Dragstalgia 2014

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

Dragstalgia 2014

Post by Adrian Worman »

Plenty of notice for this one, it's gonna be Bananarama! epic ;)

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_dragstalgia.php
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Oh yeah, I just noticed that if you wanna do the RWYB yoiu have to pre-enter, so you won't be dissapointed if you get there expecting to just rag ya bitch up the track like normal ;)
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Pete

Post by Pete »

All booked in - I would be surprised if there are any spaces in the RWYB by now......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

I booked in yesterday ;)
If all goes to plan will travel up Thursday evening, assuming we can get in.

I am only doing the Friday & Sat RWYB
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Look forward to seeing that run, hope you got it sorted ok so you can run some decent boost, enough for an 8 sec pass at least :thumbright:
Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Post by Don »

mopar_mark wrote:I booked in yesterday ;)
If all goes to plan will travel up Thursday evening, assuming we can get in.

I am only doing the Friday & Sat RWYB
They told me that if we get there on Thursday before 5.30 when the gate shuts its ok to stay overnight but there's no facilities. We're going to leave after lunch to get there by 5.00ish
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Will find out soon enough I guess. Not planning to pull any big numbers, just to get a few passes in. Will step it up for the Mopars as will have my tuner online looking after me & Mick in his TT 55.

Been a frantic week or so pulling the motor, quick flick with the hone brush, new rings, putting back together. Short block went in Sat afternoon. Back on it all day Sunday & fired up last night.

Glad I had a good mate to help me. Still a few jobs to do, small fuel leak developed last night for no reason, was all fine before, go figure. Some wiring tidying & a dammed good clean would not go a miss.

Got a few evenings spare this week before off to Vietnam on Saturday. Also hope to have Shane online the week after I get back.

Register, tax & insure the van, not easy to get bored these days :D
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
db

Post by db »

Busy busy! Good luck Mark :thumbright:
No-one will believe you...
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Haven't been able to make this one before, but coming this year. :thumbright:

My good lady is going to bring the nipper to meet us this year on the Saturday, then booger off for the night whilst we get pished. :D Anyone know if there is a family camping / quiet end at this, like POD used to do at events? They can camp down there while I'm in the noisy bit. :lol:

Failing that, anyone recommend a close B & B or hotel? Premier Inn is booked up already.

Ta.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Just bought me tickets online for the Sunday, hope to see some good action from all, and this time, I hope your all still running by the time I get there :lol:

Les
Pete

Post by Pete »

Barracuda Engine out again last night, rear main seal failed. :evil: :evil:

Will probably swap Convertors (again) whilst we are at it.

Should be up and running for Dragstalgia.

No hope for the Altered for this or the Nats........... :cry:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Pete wrote:Barracuda Engine out again last night, rear main seal failed. :evil: :evil:

I have spare rear main seal if needed, I changed mine the other week & bought a couple of spares
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Bit of Online tuning in the next couple of hours, will determine my Dragstalgia fate ....
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

Just been asked by Pete Walton, for those who don't know how it works, in the super stock, dial in ,sportsman tree and it will be a 16 car field ,,,,, qualify on Saturday, eliminations on Sunday ...if you get bumped out you can join the rwyb .....pit space will be tight so get there early doors, all the super stocks will have an allocated pit area, and will all be pitted together, you will have a time table to run to, but this is just a general idea, all competitors will be called, and you have to run in your class, any problems just ask Pete Walton or Me :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Pete

Post by Pete »

mopar_mark wrote:
Pete wrote:Barracuda Engine out again last night, rear main seal failed. :evil: :evil:

I have spare rear main seal if needed, I changed mine the other week & bought a couple of spares
Very kind offer, Mark - I ordered TWO just in case and they turned up yesterday and will be fitted Friday night. Then fingers crossed - there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why they fail....hope you tuning goes well; it will be epic seeing the Cuda at Dragstalgia!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.