My new Plymouth arrived today!

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

My new Plymouth arrived today!

Post by Anonymous »

Check it out, my new 69 Fury 2 door hardtop fresh in from Alamaba!

This car looks even more awesome in real life, I just love the way it looks, the colour (original) and the chrome and the black steels .

Im after some tyres for it, so anyone got any usable 235 70 15s (or similar) ?

I fired up the 383 and went for a burble, certainly quicker than my smallblock one! Sounds real sweet apart from the spitting noise from the LH manifold gasket. Brakes are rubbish.

I only just noticed that this car has full size door windows ! my convertible has quarterlights for some reason. Very odd.

Opened the trunk and as well as a spare wheel, trunk mat, jack, and tire iron there were a pair of rear fender spats, complete with chrome. Bonus!

Car has lovely straight side mouldings etc too, my god, can i ever bear to sell this?! LOL
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Too good to sell 8) Love it , same body as mine just different front /back ends
Any chance of seeing it in the flesh B4 you sell?
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Sweet, shame you can't keep it :(
Adam

Post by Adam »

That's a heckuva car Will - why do you need to sell it?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

of course steve.
paid for the car ages ago,
then bought a house sooner than i imagined, just moved in. had to import the car as planned. cant afford to keep the car and get it on the road etc . tony blair nicked 2 grand off us for buying the house, i need to free up some cash.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

that is one seet ride will how much are you hoping to sell her for if you dont mind me asking?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well it aint a Charger so i guess its not 8 grands worth :o
take ?3700 for her . hopefully will have tyres sorted by then.
does need some work for mot, some electrics dont work etc
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

took some better pics
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Love the look of that car Will.

unfortunately, trying to sell my cop car at the mo, to fund my printing business :(

But next year I'll be a millyunaire :D :D :D NOT
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

actually i meant other Steve (Latil ) :lol:

did some very important repairs tonight, the glove compartment lamp, and the trunk lamp ! :)
Come on someone must have some tyres? its got a bit of an assortment on it, 255s on the back etc.
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

I presume you want tyres for mot/selling? You'd be welcome to borrow my new 235s on cragars for a week or two (only got 2 though)
Sell it now before you get to attatched or lose the cop car & keep it :lol:
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have to go with Latil on this one Wil, sell the cop car while the dukes film has prices riding on the crest of a wave. Make hay while the sun shines sunshine :lol:

Keep the Fury - you know it makes sense.

Have you got any under the skirt shots? what motor / box / axle has it got?

Dont know much about fury's :wink:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

its got 383 with 727 and 8 3/4 open diff. not sure what ratio, maybe 3.23?
Similar driveline to a Charger etc apart from the 'K member' at the front is much larger in that it stretches from the front bumper to the front seats. Its basically half a chassis. The whole front end of Furys unbolts, thats the rad panel, the inner wings, chassis, everything, so you could just end up with a firewall . Pretty cool for restos. Rear if car is monocoque and looks very much like a charger from under the rear. Fuel filler is in the middle and accessibible by flipping the license plate down. Engine compartment is much larger than a Charger's so much easier car to work on. Nicer driving position too and i love column shifters and bench seats. Come round and have a look!

Actually i might put the cop car on the free listings day on a certain auction site just for a laugh but i wouldnt want to sell it unless someone offered crazy hi money as it really is a brilliant car and im not sure many people would appreciate just how rot-free and unmessed-with it is mechanically.