My new Plymouth arrived today!

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks will, might just stick me neck round your barn door this weekend if you are about.

Sounds like a pretty decent car from the description, a typical yank motor - massive with a sofa up front and auto on the tree.

What does she go like? Did they come with any of the smaller motors in? I bet they would struggle to to shift that thing - its huge.

I bet that 383 looks teensy in an engine bay thats bigger than a B Bod :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well heres the underhood shot. Remarkably unmessed with I thought. I dont think the hood has ever been off (theres normally telltale signs etc)

i notice that a popular auction site is having a free listings day tomorrow. I am tempted to stick it on with the promise of an MOT by the time the auction ends because Im getting some tyres on Friday and I cant see a lot else it would fail an MOT on frankly.
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

These C-Bods could be had with the 225 six pot :shock: My 318 looks a bit lost in there
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok i have put it on ebane uk , NO RESERVE, currently ?1500 so why not have a go! Just search for it, you'll find it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Frantically getting this car ready for its MOT . Auction ends Sunday. Just got a bunch of brake parts for it.

Auction is picking up and i have had a few viewings.

Currently way below cost price so if any of you guys were going to bid ,, hurry up :)
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Only just saw this thread, man you gotta love those 2 door C-bodies.

I tell you, if I had the wifes permission for a stand-in while the Challenger is being done (I don't :roll:) and the space to keep it (I don't :roll:) that would be perfect, what a car for the money!
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well. car now has new master cylinder, flexi hoses (one was collapsed inside!) wheel cylinder, along with starter, alternator, regulator, fuel pump, fuel filter, exh gaskets..

All ready for MOT now. fingies crossed.

gotta find out why its misfiring, probably that dual point dizzy. grr. ,
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

dang! Failed on leaking steering box :(
and rust holes in the trunk floor within 12 inches of rear spring hangers.

Hmm, holes i can sort, leaking steering box is gonna be a head scratcher...

'least i sorted the misfire, it was the condenser

As soon as i have fixed it its going off to its new owner, who is only in Woking, I will try to get them to join the MMA. Perhaps they will attend some of the local meets.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Glad you had a successful (all be it slightly regrettable I guess) sale. I assume the ebay experience was a good one this time?!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah, hope so. Wont get the cash until its mot'd and ready to collect but chap seems pretty genuine.

Just been underneath pressurewashing all the oil off (yeeuch!) see my post about the power steering box!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

new PAS box installed and working, yay! holes in boot floor welded, car passed mot. yay!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

be nice if they were same as something, my ragtop tank leaks where the pipes come out at the front. like the solder had cracked or something. i dont know how to fix it :(

presume charger etc tank different as they have a fuel filler on the rear quarter, but perhaps cars that have a rear filler have similar tanks?
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

And me I want one as well , trouble is theres at least 3 different types. Goes on wheelbase so it looks like 115.8 inch, presuming the convertible has the same tank as a hardtop/sedan. :?
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.