New Ride

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Ideal Ade.....must be more room for you and your lads to bring more guitars up to the Nats this year :thumbright:
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Definitely Simon.Lookling forward to it. Guitars will be coming :thumbright: :stummin: :stummin: :stummin: :stummin: :stummin: :stummin:
jerry

Post by jerry »

Nice,I like that :thumbright:
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Nice car Ade! like that. Reckon you should bring dualling banjo's this year ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Now thats a car and a bit more Ade!!! Love it mate...gorgeous!! =P~
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Thanks for the positive comments gents. Photos always make things look better than they actually are.It is a nice car but it had had a poor paint job in cellulose in the States prior to arriving here. It has had one owner in California from new then started its new life in Dunfermline. It changed hands to a guy in Essex who bought it jointly with his brother. One brother was willing to put money into the car while the other wanted out of it. With that in mind they only had it for around 4 months & it ended up on e-bay. I spotted it, phoned the guy up on the Friday , drove down to view it the next day & bought it. I had it trailered to my home a couple of days later.Its fitted with a Pontiac 350 (5.7) engine which is physically bigger than the Chevy 350. Its coupled up to a th400 box which seems nice and smooth.Prior to me buying it the previous guy installed a new performer edelbrock intake & new 600 edelbrock carb.Only issue at the moment is a strong smell of fuel when driving. There are no leaks so I am going to adjust the carb at the weekend & maybee a bit more initial timing to see if it sorts the smell out.
Last edited by charger01 on Wed Jul 09, 14 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nice story Ade....might be a simple fix like I had on my 600.... Pop the little covers up on the top of the metering rods and see if they are under spring pressure. If they are not moving up when you undo the cover they are probably stuck. Withdraw them carefully, quick clean with a tiny bit of brasso, wash in carb cleaner, drop back in and checck they are bouncing on the springs. Screw caps back on...job done in 5 mins. May be all she needs :thumbright:
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Brand new carb this Steve. Im in Leicester at the moment with work so been enjoying free drinks at the Holiday Inn. Back home later today to have a play with the Mrs then look at the car tomorrow :D :thumbright:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Good work Ade....might still be worth checking....takes 2 mins....one of mine was stuck up so it was running fuel through as if at WOT and smelt of petrol. Enjoy beer matey and safe trip home :thumbright:
TW71

Post by TW71 »

I love that, very nice classic :thumbright:
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Thanks T.W.
Just got home Steve & read your post. I will have a good look tomorrow & report back. :thumbright:
charger01

Post by charger01 »

As much as I like cragars I can't live with 14's on a car this size. This car left the factory black & Im thinking it needs to go back to being black , so bear that in mind when you look at the replacement wheels.These are 20's & fill the arches up alot better.Air ride next. 8-)
Attachments
11134092_10153314183748140_6082770894002093393_o.jpg
11134092_10153314183748140_6082770894002093393_o.jpg (125.57 KiB) Viewed 4164 times
Pete

Post by Pete »

Amazed you are not going to "Lee" it, Ade :roll: ;)

I HATE those wheels you have just posted, they would look better on a Western covered Wagon.

I think you need to stick with something timeless, like 15" (or perish the though 17") ARE's in silver as they will work with any colour ;) ; .......I should know - I think I have boringly slapped them on nearly every car I have owned :oops: :oops:

That car is a Beaut and I think it needs to stay old school... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Cloak room ticket retrieved...............
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Disagree completely. I don't intend this to be keeper so I will keep the new wheels on as I like them. I can always put the cragars back on when I sell it. One of my pet hates is seeing a line of cars at a show & they all have the same wheels. Old school is ok but not for me on this one. I do like the old school with a modern twist look. You should try it Pete. You can still buy grecian 2000. ;) :D
Attachments
original_CW.jpg
original_CW.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well you DID ask! :P

They look like F e cking children.............

;)

If you don't intend keeping it then why arse about painting it???
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God