68-70 Charger headliner , how does the C pillar bit go?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

68-70 Charger headliner , how does the C pillar bit go?

Post by Anonymous »

My headliner was missing when i bought the car, i have a new headliner and it seems fairly obvious how it all goes in apart from i can t see how the extension bits attach on the rear pillar, especially the bottom, any clues? have i got bits missing?

Thanks
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I just fitted a headliner to my '68 charger. The pic of your rear pillar looks slightly different to mine in that you seem to have a bar running up the middle. I'm sure mine didn't but it has a thick piece of card which clips on to the rear pillar and the head liner is glued the card. I've added a pic of mine and you can just make out where the card clips onto there's even a small piece of card left behind. Sorry I haven't got any better pics. Hope this helps........ Matt.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Will, just had a look at year one and they do covered sail panel boards for b body '69 - '70 but not '68 maybe this is why mine appears different to yours. Perhaps the sail panel board clips to the bar running up the rear pillar on your car. Just a thought.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thanks.

hmm anyone else know what i need to get for it, and whether i can fit them afterwards or i have to wait for them before i put headliner in?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

there is a sleeve on the back of the material , but i need to know what happens further down, like the rear shelf end.

Also, the instructions for headliner install on Moparts, mention some wires that hook between the rearmost bow, and the rear screen, or something. My car has nonthing like this, anyone got a pic, diag or measurements, or even a description of what these are? i presume its something to do with keeping the bow upright?

without headliner in, i can;t get the rear winow installed, without rear window i can't drive it to the Nats!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The hooks are simply a straight piece of wire with the ends bent round they hook up just an inch or so away from the top of the screen and the other end hooks onto the rear bow to stop it falling forward. You can then pull the head lining tight and insert the remaining bows working towards the front of the car. You could easily make the wire you need but you will need to determine the length and it will need to be strong too. I would say they are approx 6 inches long. As for the bottom of the rear pillar, the rear package tray should help to hold the end of the headliner along with some contact adhesive. That's what I am doing anyway.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

THanks guys. ok, just gonna make some wires from some welding rod, but does it hook OVER the fabric sleeve that contains the rear bow, or do i make an incision in the sleeve?

just trimming all the other sleeves down now as per the moparts instructions.

Thanks!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

THanks paul. HOws this look ?
Alex

Post by Alex »

That will do the trick ! I just pierced them through the listing and that did the job! make sure they are pretty strong as you need to give the liner a good tug to get the tension...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Have not discovered any brass bits! There is a solitary wire clip near the miniature bow on each side of the car, same kind of clip as holds the splash rubbers on the front fenders.

not worked out what it is for yet!

i have a feeling im missing some kind of clips that hoold the side of the headliner to the car, there are some clips that slide along the removable metal channel thingy, are these anything to do with it?

(i feel like such a rubbish mechanic whenever im working on this car!)