Maxxis Tyres - any good?

Moderator: Moderators

Andy R

Maxxis Tyres - any good?

Post by Andy R »

Hi all,
Been trying to find some narrow band white line tyres and came across the ones in the link below. They are obviously a budget tyre but would probably suit my gentle fine weather cruising. Anyone got any knowledge of them? Are they worth a punt, or should I stop being a tight arse and spend a bit more?

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop. ... p=R-254258

Cheers
Keeping "PUG" in the Club

1966 Plymouth Fury III
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think I have Chinese tyres on the front of the Bee with no issues........I know for certain that they are black and round........
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Hi Andy. They used to be viewed as a budget tyre , but are being used more especially on motor cycles. If have had them , and was more than happy with them.
Personally , if the are as good a quality as bike tyres , I'd give them a shot. :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

As Mossy68 said, started out as budget tyres, certainly on bikes but have come a long way since, if I was looking for tyres I would try them.
Andy R

Post by Andy R »

Thanks again everyone for your comments and advice. I've ordered a set of four from the link I posted. Should be here some time next week.

I'll let you know what they're like.

Cheers

1966 Plymouth Fury III
Andy R

Post by Andy R »

Took the plunge and got a set of Maxxis tyres from the link I posted. For the money I'm well impressed with them. They were delivered direct to Rednal Tyres near me in South Brum, who charged £12.50 to fit and balance. They then told me they could get them direct so I've had the spare done as well. Each tyre worked out at about £76 all in.

If I can get my photo small enough I'll post a couple of pics.

Two days after they were fitted, the rear wheel bearing collapsed, so the mighty PUG is sat on the drive minus half shafts. Luckily Steve's on the case again to help me get it sorted.

Thanks again everyone for your advice.

Cheers

1966 Plymouth Fury III
Pete.S

Post by Pete.S »

I always used maxis sm tyres on my Honda CRF motocross bike and were excellent sand tyre.
But yes the car tyres have come along way, and have been promoting the performance tyres with a lot of motor sport sponsorship.
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

The started as a gokart tyre use to do burnout in a kart a shows and promo events. 6/7 a day :shock:

Use to buy part worms by the Kg great little budget tyre :thumbright:
The closer you are to death the more alive you are
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

I have their 195 65 R14s on the front of mine. the only ones I could get at the time

no issues balanced up ok

been on for 5+ years, probably time to renew

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying