Paint Codes

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Paint Codes

Post by Steve »

Found this website today while decoding my New Yorker fender tag....good for finding your paint code from your fender tag code.

http://www.mopar1.us/chip/chips.html

Don't rely on some of the online decoders as I checked a few and one said EW1 was Dover white. Another said it was Alpine white and these paint chip cards show it as Spinnaker white. I noticed that W1 2033 is called various names over the different years. In 72 it was called Dover white on A, B, E and some C bodies, but if you go to the Chrysler and Imperial paint chip chart for 72, its Spinnaker white. Don't think it makes much difference as I believe that W1 2033 is the same colour no matter what year but just to be 100% sure when ordering paint, best to be sure.

My understanding is that the E on EW1 on fender tag is the code for 'exterior colour'

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Steve I have the same card for my 68 and when I asked for the paint mix to the number, name on the card it turned out different colour (as you have seen).
So the paint on my car may not be original, or the mix was wrong, big problem matching paint :x
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah Ali, usually best to take the car to the paint supplier and get them to match it to the paint already on it as its probably faded from its original colour. Suppose its ok if you are painting the whole car but small areas seem to be a nightmare to match as you say :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream