Tale of two A's

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Dave81

Tale of two A's

Post by Dave81 »

72 Dart PS & PB late 70s 318 V8
73 Duster non PS & Manual brakes original 225 /6

Though the Duster isn't legit in the UK I couldn't resist just taking it down the end of the road and back.
First impressions........having never drive a slant before I was actually impressed. Things got a decent amount of shove off the line. You can tell it's missing torque when pressing on compared to the Dart, but as a cruiser it's actually a really nice ride. As an overall setup I'd say it suits it perfectly.

They feel like two different animals when driven back to back. Non PS was a bit of a shocker. Nearly mounted the kerb trying to turn it round at the end.....:help:

Took some photos and had a play around with the camera settings.......

Original quality:

Played with:

I'm having this one put on canvas.......
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

I realise you've not had much time behind the wheel of the duster, but how do you think they compare in terms of rear visibility? I wonder if the Dart might be a bit better as I find the C post on our coupe is a bit of a blind spot?

Are you running an A body kelsey hayes disk setup on the dart or are you BBP now?
-Jon.
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Super Sloth wrote:I realise you've not had much time behind the wheel of the duster, but how do you think they compare in terms of rear visibility? I wonder if the Dart might be a bit better as I find the C post on our coupe is a bit of a blind spot?

Are you running an A body kelsey hayes disk setup on the dart or are you BBP now?
As you say, hardly any wheel time, but the rear end has better visibility in the Duster. Rear quarter visibility is a lot better in the dart due to the obvious.........

Dart is still all sbp. Yes Kelsey Hayes up front and they work amazingly well compared to the non powered drums on the Plymouth.
72 Dodge Dart

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

Yes, non-power drums are er... "fun". :lol:
-Jon.
terryr

Post by terryr »

I know what you mean about going from one to the other ,getting in the valiant after driving the dart ,is a totally different ball game ,valiant has power steering and the dart is manual ,and the valiant is a tad more nippy :D,i never seem to have a problem with drum brakes ,the dart infact is very sharp ,just don't hang on them for a long time ,normally if they are out of adjustment they can be bad ,or stuck wheel cylinders
Blue

Post by Blue »

My '73 Duster was much the same, initial torque feels quite good but it doesn't keep coming like a V8. Smooth effortless drive about sums it up.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Steve

Post by Steve »

Great pair big man!! Ha ha.....that's some collection you have now Dave....didn't someone say that when you moved and had more space, you would find things to fill it with :D :D :D

Really must get over to you and see the new one. Got a bit of time off soon so will call you matey

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Cheers Steve.......yep space has a way of being filled. :help:

Any time mate........think I saw your old (Andy's) Fury driving away from Kidderminster earlier this week. Driving towards Hagley around 5 ish. Looked great, couldn't grab his attention though.
72 Dodge Dart

Steve

Post by Steve »

That would have been Andy...he was over that way after we had been out for some grub and a beer :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream