Windscreen imports from Australia

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Windscreen imports from Australia

Post by MattH »

Do you need a screen for your Aussie car, Mopar, Ford or Holden?

If so, Dave Barry on the Isle of Wight is trying to organise a crate that will carry up to ten screens as he needs one screen for his Ford Falcon Panel Van. Shipping kills the cost so if there are sveeral people needing screens the cost can be split.

He said I visited a windscreen place in Sydney earlier this year and they can supply a special crate that takes about 10 screens. Do you think any of the Chrysler boys would be interested in a spare screen for their cars? Also maybe the Holden guys? There is absolutely no financial commitment unless we can fill a crate of about 10 screens. There is usually a choice of band colour across the top of the screen, or simply no band at all! All freight and customs clearance costs to be divided equally, but screen costs will probably vary.

Let me know if there is any potential interest

If anyone is interested in this, then please contact Dave Barry directly via e-mail and mention my name.
davebarryau@yahoo.com.au
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

Cheer Matt will send him an email
I could do with a 2-3 for my falcons !
The previous owner shipped 5 falcon screens, properly boxed up and they all turned up cracked........ :roll:
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
MattH

Post by MattH »

I did think of you Andy, which is why I said any Aus make, not just Mopar. I'm sure you have the potential to get through screens!

Dave has been shipping stuff in for years, he has family there and lives here now. He fills a container every now and then, so useful for anything heavy, but not in a hurry.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Ace Dropshot

Re: Windscreen imports from Australia

Post by Ace Dropshot »

I dropped him am email but do you know if he's still actively shipping? Thanks
Aussie Chrysler VF Valiant "Scottish Val"
Dave999

Re: Windscreen imports from Australia

Post by Dave999 »

dave's shipping depends on the exchange rate and if he can find something worthwhile to ship in

if you need a screen your other option is pilkington glass on the isle of sheppey

they made me one few years back for my VH done as an insurance job so i didn't feel the full force of the cost of a custom job

mind i think a VF valiant screen is the same as a 2 door 67 dodge dart coupe/hardtop not the one with the B pillar 2 types of 2 door post cars and none "post" cars

search 67 dodge dart post
or 67 dodge dart hard top to see the difference

they might have the same screen but.....a screen for a hardtop is at least supposed to fit the body that the VF was based on.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying