Galaxy R1 RWL VR rated (149MPH)

Moderator: Moderators

adrianp

Galaxy R1 RWL VR rated (149MPH)

Post by adrianp »

Hi,

I know from my ventures a little while ago finding decent RWL tyres can be a bit of a struggle. When I looked I think there was only one on the market which came as a 275/60r15. I was checking Northants Tyres today and saw that they are getting in some new Galaxy R1 RWL tyres that look like they cover a lot of the standard sizes (e.g. 215/60r15, 235/60r15 and 275/60r15) and they are V rated (150mph). No idea if they are any good quality wise but thought it was worth a mention to anyone in the market for new shoes.

adrian.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

I saw an ad for Cooper Cobras in Classic American this month,importing again maybe?
kma176

Post by kma176 »

Spoke to Northants Tyres - They reckon they have purchased the moulds to make the BF Goodrich T/A Radials themselves in certain sizes and they will be labelled as Galaxy ---They will have the same tread pattern but with better speed rating and better wet grip properties??
Because they are being made here they say they will be quite a bit cheaper!!
The sizes I want are going to be available early May 17??
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

kma176 wrote:Spoke to Northants Tyres - They reckon they have purchased the moulds to make the BF Goodrich T/A Radials themselves in certain sizes and they will be labelled as Galaxy ---They will have the same tread pattern but with better speed rating and better wet grip properties??
Because they are being made here they say they will be quite a bit cheaper!!
The sizes I want are going to be available early May 17??
That's interesting to hear.......like to see what Northants think Cheaper means when they bring them to market? :read2:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Adam

Post by Adam »

Me too. I need a pair of 235/60R15 BFGs, but NHants want £202 each, which seems a bit steep for an S rated tyre.

The Galaxy is half of that, but the tread pattern of the one I saw at Wheels Day was a bit too 'modern' for me.

I had Cooper Cobras before, but I found them a bit hard. Currently got Uniroyal Tiger Paws, which I love, but they don't import them any more.