FINALLY "THE BLOCK" ARRIVES

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

mr m

FINALLY "THE BLOCK" ARRIVES

Post by mr m »

Finally the engine assembly gets delivered, Muscle motors have been crap and thought I was in for a loss of dosh :( , but after 18months of letters and phone calls the block and associated parts have been delivered to Bob Sweeny of FX engines for the start the build process \:D/ so some time soon I hope I will have an engine to put in the car
Attachments
IMG_1983.JPG
IMG_1983.JPG (87.69 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG (88.14 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
IMG_1984.JPG
IMG_1984.JPG (79.96 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
IMG_1986.JPG
IMG_1986.JPG (74.66 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Dave999

Re: FINALLY "THE BLOCK" ARRIVES

Post by Dave999 »

still

it looks NICE.....
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Looks the business... to my untrained eye ;) 8-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

What are you building? Plenty of options there.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mr m

Post by mr m »

506 unit hoping for somewhere 580+ hp but building as a user car so planning for more of a torquey on pump fuel unit rather than all out power, 10.75 comp ratio or there abouts, edlebrock heads, torker 11 inlet, holley fuel injection, mapped ign, long primary headers, and a lot of overtime to pay for it [-o<
Blue

Post by Blue »

I thought I'd read Muscle Motors went out of business some time ago? They have certainly had some bad press advertising Crate engines they had never built and then couldn't when someone put the dosh down.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
mr m

Post by mr m »

3 months after sending money they closed up as mike was going to look after his parents and I had to deal with eric his business manager who said they were honouring all the orders and is fairness they have but after a very long haul and a lot of letter writing of sorts. some reports have said the block has faults but it is mainly down to poor machining from the producer and mike from MM only helped in the design he did not develop it as a lot of people thought including me. MM took all the credit for it. In the end I got them to supply the main parts to the equivalent of what they had had and bob is supplying the rest. Bob from fx has built some serious motors so I hope I am in good hands. Roger lutty who has done some transmissions and a 347 stroker for me put me onto BOB and roger has been a great help and anyone needing engine or trans work should look him up, clever guy. Bob has pressure test it already and is doing all the machining in house and it will be dynod before it is shipped
Pete D

Post by Pete D »

Hi Mr M

Good luck with the block and your engine build.Enquired about the block approximately 18 months ago myself, Contacted Mike seemed really keen on the
block and engine build i wanted emails back and forth. And then they just dropped off of the face of the earth emails to Mike and Eric numerous telephone calls and facebook couldn't get no reply so obviously had to give up. Shame really as it seemed a good opion at the time. Looks like are building a good stout engine. Pete
I've always thought there were 3 kinds of people in this world those who can count and those who can't
mr m

Post by mr m »

:thumbright: [-o<