CARS WANTED FOR NEC PLEASE

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

CARS WANTED FOR NEC PLEASE

Post by Steve »

Hi all,

As you know, we have a club stand at the yearly NEC Classic motor show. It is always a great event and is a fantastic opportunity to show off our cars to the masses.

We are asking for volunteers at this stage before making any final decisions. The idea is that we can collate a list of cars /owners that would like to come along and then make a selection based on themes (ie all Dodge, all Plymouth, racecars, etc).

The basic requirement from us is that you can attend on the morning of Thursday 9th Nov to deliver your car to us and collect it again on the evening of Sunday 12th Nov. You don't have to be with the car over the 3 public days but we would love it if you could as its a good laugh and Pete and I cant possibly answer all the questions we will get about your car. It goes without saying that the show is very secure and the cars will be safe.

As we are a small club, we don't have the funds to pay costs incurred (fuel, travel, hotels etc) but you do get free entry to the show and I always bring biscuits.

If you are interested, please let me know by posting here (with a pic of your car please) or by PM if you prefer. I can't guarantee that everyone will get to go as we only have space for 3 - 4 cars but if you don't get picked this year then I'm sure you will get a chance next year.

Thanks in advance for supporting us on this,

Cheers Steve :thumbright: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Steve

Re: CARS WANTED FOR NEC PLEASE

Post by Steve »

Forgot to add that as soon as I get the details of discount ticket offers etc I will post them up.

Also, following some constructive criticism of the stand last year, anyone got any big Mopar display items or Americana items that we can use on the stand to beef it up please. I say big as the stand is 100sq metres so a licence plate here and there will look lost. Would need to be dropped off at the show Thursday morning and collected Sunday evening please if you can help.

Finally, I am away for a week from tomw so please don't be offended if I don't answer posts until I get back.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

Happy to offer our car as short notice back-up, once again should there be a last minute issue with one of the chosen cars. :thumbright:
-Jon.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Dunno if our Sport Satellite would fit into any theme but while it's looking half decent but I'm sure we could make it available for the duration :)
If we're having a 1968 theme, it was built on 3rd Oct 68 ;)
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

The official theme for this year is 'Built to last'.
Whatever that means?
And apparently they've added an extra hall.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Stu Twin wrote: Sat Aug 25, 18 11:45 pm The official theme for this year is 'Built to last'.
Whatever that means?
And apparently they've added an extra hall.
Well ours has lasted 50 years (well, it will have soon) and we've had it 33 years so it kinda fits in :D
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

RobTwin wrote: Sun Aug 26, 18 12:15 am we've had it 33 years so it kinda fits in :D
Only 33 years, does that make you a novice owner :D
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

mopar_mark wrote: Sun Aug 26, 18 4:27 pm
RobTwin wrote: Sun Aug 26, 18 12:15 am we've had it 33 years so it kinda fits in :D
Feels that way sometimes Mark! :geek: :lol:
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

New truck is only 16 ( bless)
Covered in Line-X bed liner , proper work truck.
Built Ram tough !!!
I'm up for it :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Pete

Post by Pete »

Your car would be a stand out attraction, Mark - and it seems you fit the criteria!!!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Pete wrote: Mon Aug 27, 18 9:49 am
Your car would be a stand out attraction, Mark - and it seems you fit the criteria!!!!!
Pete,
Car won’t be finished, but would have engine, box, axle, etc. As long as people understand Cuda is mid build & wouldn’t mind, then yes... I would be interested
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for all the replies gents. As we are hoping to get sorted nice and early this year I/ we really appreciate all the offers. Would be fantastic to have Rob and Stus 68 next to an 18 Demon, Marks Cuda (in any state of build) and something else, maybe a patina car? That would make a great line up!!! I can see the Mustang lads following through already!!

Jon, thank you again for your very kind offer. Your car was a real attraction on our stand a couple of years ago and your continued support as a reserve is very much appreciated. My grocery getter is also available as a reserve car if needed (and is 50 this year too!) :D

We still need offers of help re stand dressing if possible please although it will be a bit like putting a dressing gown on Salma Hayek (Google is your friend for all the young uns out there) if we get the cars mentioned =P~ =P~ =P~
Hemimad

Post by Hemimad »

Mine is available for duty.
"It's all souped up and everything"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fantastic Dave....thank you for your continued support. Will let you know as soon as Ive received replies etc from a few PMs that have gone out. We will know then what we have to play with and options for the stand,

Thanks again,

Cheers Steve :thumbright: