Dougs headers - joy to fit!

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Dougs headers - joy to fit!

Post by MattH »

My Challenger has sounded like a tractor for too long, pictures show you why, very blown gaskets, and see through tubes which actually were like external colourtunes at night with the bonnet up. not sure what brand the old ones were but they had been on the car in 1993 when i got it, so quite tired now.
Daylight visible!!
Daylight visible!!
2.JPG (57.39 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Got a set of new Dougs headers via the forum and finally got round to fitting them.

They were an absolute pleasure to fit. No need to split the steering linkage, no starter fouling (its got a mini starter), just need to take the oil filter off for the pass side.
The pass side has a weird separate rear tube that is just a push fit, and you have to cut the flange to fit it on (its slotted to show where to cut, but it goes on fine and the headres came with new bolts too, and decent gaskets.

All in all I was very pleasantly surprised that they took little time and no cutting or bashing to fit. I had to re-flange my exhaust system but the headers came with a pair of weld on bell mouths too so that was an easy weld job.

First time I have fitted headers from new, have heard lots of good about TTI but I would genuinely recommend these Dougs headers. I can only comment on small block into E body but I'm well pleased, can you tell??
Attachments
Old and new showing easier route with no steering to remove for new one
Old and new showing easier route with no steering to remove for new one
4.JPG (152.15 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Dave81

Re: Dougs headers - joy to fit!

Post by Dave81 »

Great headers Matt. Had them on mine for a while, and really happy with quality and fit.
Dougs and TTIs were highly reccomended on the american forums, and they were around £100 cheaper than TTIs, which helped me to choose.

Quality is worth the £££ for these. :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Blue

Post by Blue »

The old ones were most likely Hedman, that is the generic under the steering "cheap" design. You get what you pay for with headers, not only do you get ground clearance, the out of the box fit is much better, plug access is better and the tube and flanges are made of a thicker material, they don't bend and have a much longer life.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
morgan

Post by morgan »

I'd try Dougs over TTis next time around... heard nothing but good. Seem to remember DaveR liked them a lot.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"