MMA display at the Nats

Dates, details and photos

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

MMA display at the Nats

Post by MattH »

We are hoping to have the club gazebo in the show and shine area with club members cars parked nearby.
Cars will include Will's 68 bonkers Charger and possibly the Sam Posey tribute (mine) next to the much higher quality build of Matt Snowball's Swede Savage Cuda.
2 Trans Am tributes together might look pretty good?

We welcome other club members to park their cars near the gazebo too, we can't save loads of space but if you can get in and park nearby it will be good. Mustangs are coming in force so we don't want to be shown up by the blue ovals.

Being slightly further away from the track means it might be easier to talk whilst the track is running.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Lincrafts.com

Re: MMA display at the Nats

Post by Lincrafts.com »

Please don’t tell name show and shine will be bank side and not pit side. Way to far away from the bits I like. Dragstalgia about killed me walking from car to grandstand and the pits.
Present:
1973 Plymouth Roadrunner
2010 Chrysler 300c SRT
Past:
1999 Dodge Dakota RT
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda :(
MattH

Post by MattH »

I'm hoping not, it is usually besdie the fire up lane. I know what you mean about Dragstalgia. They need a footbridge at the 1/4 mile point!
Lincrafts.com

Post by Lincrafts.com »

MattH wrote: Mon Jul 29, 19 10:18 pm I'm hoping not, it is usually besdie the fire up lane. I know what you mean about Dragstalgia. They need a footbridge at the 1/4 mile point!
If only 😂

Don’t think it will happen......unless a fully enclosed glass tube with a conveyor belt so no chance of anyone dropping stuff on the track or stopping in the middle for a good view :lol:
Present:
1973 Plymouth Roadrunner
2010 Chrysler 300c SRT
Past:
1999 Dodge Dakota RT
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda :(
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Lincrafts.com wrote: Tue Jul 30, 19 7:40 am
MattH wrote: Mon Jul 29, 19 10:18 pm I'm hoping not, it is usually besdie the fire up lane. I know what you mean about Dragstalgia. They need a footbridge at the 1/4 mile point!
If only 😂

Don’t think it will happen......unless a fully enclosed glass tube with a conveyor belt so no chance of anyone dropping stuff on the track or stopping in the middle for a good view :lol:
A lot of circuits have footbridges but they are totally enclosed with no windows, so you aren't tempted to stop for a good view.
Maybe a pelican crossing at the Pod would work... just wait for a break in proceedings and press the button... :lol:
Slowhand

Re: MOCGB display at the Nats

Post by Slowhand »

Tony O has been in touch with me and asked if MOCGB would like to have a small display area for Mustangs in the show'n'shine area.

Its the clubs 40th anniversary this year and he (& I ) felt it would be a good idea to show 'inter-club cooperation' . :)

If all goes according to plan we should have a couple of gasebos (Herts & Essex) and a couple of sail banners in one corner backing on to the fire up lane. ( & some Mustangs I hope!!)

I know many have a foot in both camps with Mopars & Mustangs (like me) so please do come over and say hi. :salute:
Roy (Slowhand) MOCGB Chairman

Roger S

Post by Roger S »

Does anyone know for sure where we will be parking, Pit side or bank side ?

Thanks

Rog
Started with an MGB in 2004, then built a Cobra Rep with a Chevy 383,next a Chevy Bel air with a Big Block 454 and now lastly maybe ! my 68 Charger 440 RT always work to do.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Looking at a photo I saw from yesterday its Pit side in the show an shine area on the tarmac
Roger S

Post by Roger S »

Thats good, see you all Sunday.

Rog
Started with an MGB in 2004, then built a Cobra Rep with a Chevy 383,next a Chevy Bel air with a Big Block 454 and now lastly maybe ! my 68 Charger 440 RT always work to do.