Rob & Stu's 63 Polara 500

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Looks spot-on to me to Rob :thumbright:

The Coronet has a TTI system also, looks just the same ;)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

:thumbright:

Dynomax or Flowmaster? Or Budgie-specials :roll: :D

Lets us know how it sounds when you get that far 8-)

Those tailpipes will look shorter when you've got the bumper on. Shouldnt they have some sort of tips on though, like 'runners & Chargers? :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Bright exhaust tips were an option on the 70 Coronet R/Ts Rob. Part of the "value engineering" that year. Mine has most options, but is coded without the tips. Standard tips looked much like Budgie's car.

Great pics of your car BTW - my favourite car in the UK :D
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Thanks Adam, praise indeed! :D

But you always did have good taste ;)
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

"Lets us know how it sounds when you get that far"

Had her runnin Rob, sounds real sweet, not to loud, just right really, I'll have to check the make of the box's :?
newport100

Post by newport100 »

Rob- Looks the Biz!
Taking her on Weds???????????
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

:thumbright: if it's not hissing down :toothy2:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Crikey - been a long time since this thread has seen any action :shock: :lol:

I think a bit of info went AWOL around the end of last / start of this year, when the server went tits-up, but nothing major got lost if memory serves. Thing is, the car's been pretty reliable and we've been working on the Satellite, so not much as been happening on the Dodge, apart from putting it to good use 8-)

Seemed like a good time to move the thread from the Member's Car Show to The Workshop, as we've now got some electrical gremlins to sort out :roll: as mentioned HERE

And i'll get on to that next time...
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

So much for the 'reliable' comment in the last post :roll: - still got the electrical gremlins that seem to like frying whatever tacho we connect, so for the time being, we'll be 'sans' tacho :evil:

We'll try and get it sorted before too long, but first we had something else to look at over the weekend (yeah yeah, when we should have been finishing the Satellite :oops: )...

Thanks to Chris from Sheffield (previous owner of Jerry & Marc's new 63 Dodge project and a couple other spot-on Mopars before that 8-) ), we had the opportunity to bag a set of early 15" steels for the Polara, to go with the large dog dishes we bought some time ago.
Not exactly the style of wheel that would have been common on the Polara 500 when new as they came with the 14" steels & full wheel covers like we've got, but you cant beat the look of the early steels with the correct caps for these early cars, as anyone who know what they're talking about would agree :D

Just as we were finallising payment and arranging with Tim H to get them painted, I read on FBBO that these early wheels dont fit with disc brakes :shock: so I asked around a bit and despite being told they should be ok we asked Chris to send us one to try so we could be 100% sure. The wheel arrived last Thursday and we finally got round to trying on, on Sunday afternoon :roll:

Thankfully the 'expert' across the pond who was adamant that they wouldnt fit, didnt know quite as much as he thought he did, and the wheel fitted fine over our SSBC calipers and discs \:D/

I'm sure it doesnt look like much of a big deal to most of yous guys but we've been after a set (these are 15x5.5 & 15x6) for the last few years and it's good to find a set over here and not have to buy from the States.
So a big thanks to Chris for giving us first dibs, and puting up with our deliberations :scratch: :lol:

This will free-up the other (late 60s) 15" set we bought a few years ago from the States, so we can use them on the Satellite. Just to wind up anyone who doesnt like steels & dog-dishes :lol:

So just need to get them painted and find some tyres... :? £££££££££££££
Attachments
Trust me, it'll look better painted,  with the dog dish and a tyre fitted
Trust me, it'll look better painted, with the dog dish and a tyre fitted
DSCF0134 (Large).JPG (97.85 KiB) Viewed 906 times
DSCF0132 (Large).JPG
DSCF0132 (Large).JPG (131.11 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Plenty of clearance....
Plenty of clearance....
DSCF0126 (Large).JPG (113.49 KiB) Viewed 906 times
blu-tack on caliper's extremities to check for interference
blu-tack on caliper's extremities to check for interference
DSCF0128 (Large).JPG (126.06 KiB) Viewed 906 times
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Should look summat like this..... well, the wheels anyway :?
Attachments
64 SW.jpg
64 SW.jpg (216.62 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Are you sure you couldn't get any thinner tyres on there? :oops:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Dunno what tyres are on that 64 Ivor but we'll go for as wide as we can on the 6" wheels Ivor. Not ideal, I know but they'll do till we can source some widened steelies. Ideally would like 8" or whatever fits under there, but they only made them up to 6" 'back in the day' :roll:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

I thought you were going to go for 5.50 x 14 redlines and become a menace to all other road users! ;)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

You mean bias ply? :help:

Nah, redlines are soooo late 60s Ivor :roll:

:lol:

So we'll be after a set for the Satellite (but radial) when the bank balance has recouperated a bit...
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

Wasn't sure whether to tack this request on the end of this thread, or start up a 'wanted' thread...
anyhoo..

There’s a couple of the window weatherstrips I would like to replace.
1. The one that attaches to the front vertical edge of the rear roll up window. This fits inside a st/st channel that’s fixed to the glass. Approx 18” long.
2. The vertical one that’s inside the long channel run of the vent window frame. Approx 36” long. Leading edge of door glass runs up this.

I had a look last night at a few sites, google links etc and could only find the first one for the rear roll up window. This is on Metro Molded Parts site, part no VS7-A/FL. $39.35 / pr.

Couldn’t see anything on Kramers, Steele, Herb’s etc for the other one. Didn’t look at YR1 yet tho as they never used to do early stuff.
I took some (poor) pics below.

Has anyone been able to source the w'strip that goes in the front vent window channel?

I have got some generic reinforced U shaped w'strip (from the NEC last year) for the channel that guides the rear edge of the door glass. Maybe that would fit? will have a look in case.
Attachments
P1160857.jpg
P1160857.jpg (76.67 KiB) Viewed 793 times
P1160852.jpg
P1160852.jpg (174.69 KiB) Viewed 793 times