Gav's 71 Challenger Convertible - Panther Pink, SB stroker

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Splendid, Gav, quite splendid.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Really nice work Gavin. Your patience and attention to detail are amazing. 8-)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That is just perfection mate. I wish I had the patience and skill to do a job like that Gavin.

You won't see much better than that this side of the pond. Get yer trophy cabinet ready. :thumbright:
Matt

Post by Matt »

That's really nice work .
newport100

Post by newport100 »

:shock:

Just wow!
don't know what else to say!
can't wait to see this in the flesh :thumbright:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Great stuff Gavin. I really admire the "make it yerself" approach, as opposed to "order it from Year One". Better quality too, I'll wager.

Can't wait to see this car finished.

Excellent write-up and photos too :thumbright:
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Wow, thanks guys, every time I post an update I forget just how much your comments all mean. Many of you have awesome cars and have done stuff that I hugely respect and would aspire to, making your comments even more valuable!

Honestly, I can't tell you whether my disposition to do things exactly as I want them is a blessing or a curse!! Much as I do enjoy working on the car (and I do - especially coming up with solutions or making stuff) ultimately it is about driving it.....and it has now been a long time since that happened.
In hindsight maybe I should have done things differently (like sold the car and bought one in better shape). It was never my intention to rebuild the car to the extent I am, but it kind of dictated its own path! If the car had not been so rusty I would have done an engine build and have been driving a quick Mopar for the last few years. Anyway, I am where I am, unfortunately the rate of overall progress is lamentable really, but one thing I can guarantee you is that it WILL get finished - and driven hard!

Also, honestly the car will be far from perfect when it is done - the interior is not going to change much and it is a bit 'used', and I can see all the other imperfections elsewhere. I'm not honestly expecting to win any medals, but your comments are very encouraging and make me want to get back to it!
If I had to guess the thing I will be most pleased with when this car is finally done it would be that I will have ended up with exactly what I wanted, my way - and at a cost far below what you would think by making every penny count.
Of course that is without factoring in the cost of my time.......
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Fantastic Gavin. Good to chat to you last night but wish I had seen this beforehand so I could have given you a big pat on the back! This is outstanding work and if you don't get an award for your Chally when it is done (or before), then there is no justice. I look forward to seeing more when you get round to it :thumbright:
dustymopar

Post by dustymopar »

Mind blowing work :shock:
Enough is never ever enough....
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Jeff wrote:Gavin.... I am stunned mate! Jeez that is fantastic mate! A home resto that looks like that! You are truly talented mate.

:iagree:
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

:iagree: Stunning work Gavin
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

RichDeb wrote:You are putting most to shame here,or looking at it another way ,you are inspiring others to get out there and give it a go.
Too true! :shock: Staggering looking work! 8-) Torn between being in total admiration and insanely jealous. :D :thumbright:
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gavin the standard of work you are doing there is fantastic and as others have said the write up is really informative. It also acts as a bit of inspiration that even with your new family you still find time to produce such good work. You will have to produce a list of products and suppliers that you have have found give the best results. Well done mate :thumbright:
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

superb gavin,she will be sweet when done, your work is top notch for sure and i know you will drive it lots when finished, just hurry up you dont wanna be to old to enjoy it, ;) :lol:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Sensational work Gavin, I thought you'd forgotten all about us!

You can really see some progress being made now :thumbright:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com